We know Shopify is one of the leading and most popular eCommerce platforms out there for creating and managing online stores. Shopify is used by millions of users globally to build robust and responsive web apps.
We have all heard of Shopify at least once, and we know how it has established itself as the most popular solution for building eCommerce stores, but just like everything else, it has certain limitations as well.
Some find Shopify to be an expensive platform, and some don’t like its back-end interface. Others prefer the idea of having more customization options with an open-source solution like WooCommerce. Shopify is a great platform, but it is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Thankfully, there are some great Shopify alternatives available that are worth trying. In this blog, we will compare Shopify’s top options so that you can choose the one that suits you and your requirements.
So, let’s have a look at the Top Shopify Alternatives in 2020 that you can choose for your next project in place of Shopify. So, here we go!
How can we miss Magento, which is one of the best eCommerce platforms for 2020? Magento is an ideal eCommerce platform for mid-sized to large businesses. The platform allows advanced customizations, and it’s an excellent platform for flexibility, optimization, and scalability. Magento is one of the worthy Shopify alternatives as it has proven itself a robust eCommerce platform throughout the years.
The community version of Magento is free of charge, and it requires you to program your store independently.
Let’s quickly have a look at the pros and cons of this eCommerce platform-
- Magento doesn’t charge monthly service charges
- Magento has robust SEO tools
- It has several payment gateway options
- It offers thousands of extensions and advanced customization
- Requires coding skills
- Magento requires hosting and so becomes expensive
- It is not the right choice or novice users
Let’s begin with the BigCommerce development platform. It’s a well-known industry leader with a comprehensive set of standard features. BigCommerce, just like its name, is significant in the eCommerce industry and is worthy of being a reliable alternative to Shopify. It is also quite affordable, at $29.95 per month.
BigCommerce stands out among the SaaS market as one of the leading tools for helping companies to build their custom website. All you need to do is pay a monthly subscription, and you will have a reliable Shopify alternative for building a robust eCommerce store.
Let’s briefly discuss the pros and cons of this eCommerce platform to make it clear for you.
- It has in-built tools to build the store
- In BigCommerce, you don’t have to worry about the transaction fees
- Large selection of free apps
- It is an excellent platform for cross-selling
- BigCommerce’s pricing is a little complicated
- It is a bit confusing to set up
It doesn’t have the best selection of themes
Wix is another worthy Shopify alternative that you can go for. It provides everything you need in an easy-to-use interface with attractive plans. Wix has more than 100 templates, a wide range of apps, customizable theme options, and much more, making it an excellent choice for eCommerce store development.
This is also a go-to solution for both newbies and experienced users.
The cherry on top is that Wix provides two methods to set up your store- ADI is an automated assistant that suggests a configuration based on your questionnaire answers. The other one is the Wix editor, which allows full user control and customization.
Let’s quickly look at its pros and cons
- Drag-and-drop editor, tons of tutorials for new learners
- The pool of rich features
- It offers around 100+ templates to choose from
- Works with several payment gateways
- Wix doesn’t offer many options for customization
- Limited bandwidth and traffic
- In Wix, you have to use square for payment processing
We can’t miss wooCommerce while discussing Shopify competitors 2020 as Shopify is a free, open-source eCommerce platform for WordPress. WooCommerce is the primary platform for hosting your store and a good option for Shopify’s alternative.
WooCommerce is also quite popular in the market for those who love WordPress and want to build an online store from scratch. It is an excellent platform for customizing your online store the way you want it. WooCommerce also lets you track things like abandoned carts.
Due to several features and its flexibility, we can say WooCommerce is one of the best eCommerce platforms in 2020.
Here are the pros and cons of this eCommerce platform-
- It provides unlimited creativity options to suit your needs
- It has many hosting options
- WooCommerce has no limits on products or services
- WooCommerce offers seamless WordPress integration
- Easy to set up and use
- Many free plans are available
- Requires tech skills
- It can be slow sometimes
- Woocommerce has lots of extra expenses
5. 3D cart
3d cart is loaded with all the standard features that an online shopping cart must-have. It also has other features such as affiliate marketing program creation, drop shipping support, etc. With all the powerful features and functions, 3dcart is another worthy Shopify competitor 2020.
Another reason that makes 3dcart compelling is its website design experience. With 3dcart development, you have complete control over your store. You will also have access to SSL certificates and advanced security, just like Shopify.
It supports more than 100 different payment gateways and doesn’t charge any transaction fees. 3dcart takes credit card payments with ease, and its comprehensive payment processing goes beyond Shopify payments.
Here are the pros and cons of 3dcart-
- It is an excellent solution with tons of features to customize your store
- Affordable for beginners and large companies
- Offers a free trial so that you can test its performance
- Unlimited bandwidth and products
- Little difficult for the beginners
- It doesn’t have the best themes to choose from
- 3dcart’s support isn’t highly rated
- 3dcart faces issues while upgrading the apps
Hubstaff is a productivity solution designed to make managing your e-commerce team easier. It offers several features that streamline the different aspects of running an e-commerce business, allowing you to focus on important tasks like gaining customers and growing the business.
It lets you accurately track the time you spend on different tasks, plan your expenses, and automate your team’s payroll. With Hubstaff, everything is seamless – it pulls information from your time tracked data and uses it to generate reports and timesheets.
- Easy to set up and learn
- Strong team management features
- Offers productivity monitoring and expense tracking capabilities
- Support for several integrations
- Better used as a support tool
- Its dashboard can be difficult to navigate
- Free version is limited
These were some of the most popular eCommerce alternatives in 2020. The eCommerce platforms reviewed above will hopefully help you choose the right platform for your next project.
These were the most powerful eCommerce solutions that you can use in place of Shopify. There are other alternatives, but we have mentioned the most popular and trusted platforms in this blog.
You can either go for Shopify or hire Shopify experts to build a robust store or choose one among the platforms mentioned above as per your business requirements.
Whatever platform you choose, make sure it suits your business needs. Shopify alternatives in the above list are trusted by many and have established themselves in the eCommerce industry.
Hire Metizsoft Solutions for eCommerce Store Development
Suppose you are looking for an eCommerce development company to hire Shopify developers for your next Shopify project. In that case, Metizsoft Solutions is the right choice for you. Hire eCommerce app developers for your next project and get the most vital services.
After choosing the right eCommerce platform for your eCommerce store development, you can get in touch with us and assist you further. We can also help you make a decision and choose the right platform as per your business needs. You can trust us, and we make sure not to break that trust.
Get in touch with our eCommerce development team and discuss your requirements with them; they are there for you.