Whether your business is a start-up, small or large scale, all the companies look forward to growing fast, increase their sales and get the maximum profit. The right eCommerce platform can help you achieve all those mentioned above. Choosing the right platform for your business isn’t a casual decision. One has to be careful while selecting the right.
When it comes to eCommerce web development, some of the best platforms that come to our mind are Shopify vs Magento vs BigCommerce. Making the final decision to choose the right platform can be difficult.
To choose one, first, we have to understand the three platforms in brief. So let see eCommerce platform comparison.
Magento is one of the most widely used open eCommerce platforms. It provides eCommerce store owners the most customization, flexibility, and control over their store’s design, content, features, and functionality.
BigCommerce is a privately held eCommerce platform, and it delivers an all-in-one SaaS solution that comes with in-built hosting, payment integration, advanced marketing tools, and security.
Shopify is yet another popular eCommerce development platform in the world right now. It offers intuitive store setup to get your site running fast with valuable extensions, simplicity, and reliable hosting. It also provides a limited free trial.
Now that after we have discussed all the three platforms, we hope you got a brief idea about them and their functioning. We will now discuss the differences between Magento vs Shopify vs BigCommerce platforms based on some factors. So let us begin ecommerce platform comparison.
Well, the budget matters a lot. When trying to decide, one always thinks about the budget first. Make sure that it is not just about the initial costs but also the maintenance, security, and hosting costs that they should take into consideration. Let us see eCommerce platform comparison to Know which one fits your budget correctly from these platforms.
- Magento – Magento is free to download from Magento’s website, but you will have to pay for the hosting, development, and designing costs, which makes Magento a bit expensive. It can be costly for the newbies who want to set up their stores with this platform. Magento enterprise edition and cloud edition are significantly more expensive.
- BigCommerce – BigCommerce is quite affordable in terms of pricing. It comes with some different options for different price points. In BigCommerce, the enterprise plans that have extensive features are available with competitive prices depending on the business size.
- Shopify – Shopify is yet another affordable eCommerce solution. It comes with Shopify pricing models depending on business complexity. Even Shopify plus, which is for the large scale businesses, starts at around $2,000 per month. Overall, we can say it is affordable for different sizes of businesses.
Ease of use
Another important factor to pay attention to while choosing the platform is ease of use. The platform should be easy to understand, exercise the system’s features and make the full use of the platform. Everyone needs a platform that is both easy and customizable. So Let’s begin eCommerce platform comparison and see, which platform is easy for you.
- Magento – Magento can be a little complex for you to use. Magento does not provide on-site developers to help with building your site. You will need a team of developers to build your website, a hosting partner to host your site, which makes it complicated for the new users.
- BigCommerce – BigCommerce has a clear user experience that makes it easy to build beautiful and attractive websites and stores. BigCommerce is easy to run as products can be added through a simple shop page, and orders can be managed easily.
- Shopify – Shopify is known to have built to satisfy the needs of those who want a user-friendly way to create beautiful and attractive websites and stores. Shopify is ideal for businesses that have just set their foot in website building.
Different platforms are suited for different sizes of businesses. E.g., one platform which is best suited for small businesses might not be best suited for large scale businesses.
- Magento – Magento is best suited for enterprises and large scale businesses that need high levels of custom functionality and specific integrations with other systems.
- BigCommerce – BigCommerce is best suited for medium to large level businesses with a growing inventory And many built-in features and reports.
- Shopify – Shopify is for small to medium level businesses with low technical requirements and a high level of front-end visual customization. However, for larger-scale enterprises, Shopify plus can be used.
One of the major factors that distinguish these platforms from each other is how they are hosted. Let us see how eCommerce development platforms are hosted.
- Magento – Magento can be hosted on-premise, through a third party or in the cloud. Magento eCommerce can also be hosted separately/on-premises. Magento’s hosting abilities are fully dependent on how you use the platform.
- BigCommerce – BigCommerce hosting is cloud-based. In BigCommerce, you don’t have to deal with finding hosting or dealing with downtime. Low liability implementation through BigCommerce hosting can also be done.
- Shopify – Shopify is a completely cloud-based solution and hosting is included with your subscription to them. In Shopify, you won’t have to deal with finding hosting and deal with managing it.
Features are the soul of any platform. They are a must in any eCommerce store or website. Different platforms offer different features. eCommerce development is incomplete without exciting features.
- Magento – Magento is a feature-rich platform. It has a wide selection of features including product catalogs with lots of variants, cross-selling and upselling features. In Magento, full customization of the features is possible with certified magento developers.
- BigCommerce – BigCommerce is also feature-rich as it has some of the amazing prebuilt features and add-ons, which can save a lot of your money as you will not need any third-party apps.
- Shopify – Shopify also has some native features, as well. Developers can achieve other functions through some third-party apps in the app store. Shopify has just a few built-in features.
eCommerce platform comparison are above on the basis of five factors, the final decision still depends on you. The requirements of your business are the most important factor to choose from these three eCommerce web development platforms. It’s no secret that Magneto, BigCommerce, and Shopify are some of the biggest names in the business.
Metizsoft Solutions works with all these platforms. We have Certified Shopify Developers as well as a team of Magento and BigCommerce developers who are dedicated. For your next eCommerce project, you can rely on us.
We offer the best quality eCommerce development services and work with Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce to create the best stores for you. We hope this article helped you. For more details, get in touch with us.