How to Build A Multi-Vendor Shopify Marketplace App- A Case Study
Shopify marketplace apps are no novelty anymore. They are everywhere since 2006 as a part of Shopify, which is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms in the world today.
Shopify is a feature-rich digital ecosystem for online sellers as it provides a user-friendly interface with a vast range of tools to set up your online store. You can hire certified Shopify experts to build a full-featured online store that meets the expectations and needs of the clients. You should hire developers for custom Shopify multi-vendor app development as per your unique needs.
What is a multi-vendor marketplace?
A multi-vendor marketplace is an online store designed for multiple sellers. Marketplace functionality turns any online store into an online marketplace similar to Amazon or eBay. It is easy to sell and find buyers through it.
In a multi-vendor marketplace, users come across multiple buyers and decide the buyers they want to purchase. A multi-vendor workplace has a wide range of products that are continually being updated and implemented.
The presence of several independent sellers is a distinctive feature of a Shopify multi-vendor app. There are several other essential features of the Shopify multi-vendor marketplace app.
Let us look at some of these features
1. Several independent sellers in one store
A multi-vendor store has several independent sellers who have complete control over managing items, sales, invoices, and deliveries through an intuitive dashboard.
2. Income for the owner
If you are an owner of an online multi-vendor marketplace, you will receive a flat fee for every order you receive through the sellers. The commission of the owner is formed in two ways-
- On a fixed amount of each sale, independent of the cost of the goods and services sold
- The rate is the decided percentage of the value of goods and services sold.
3. Integrated with third-party programs
Multi-vendor marketplace necessary capabilities can be extended using third-party programs. Integration with Shopify, delivery services, and payment system is permissible.
How does a Shopify marketplace works?
A Shopify multi-vendor marketplace works in the following manner-
- The user can register and send an application to become a seller.
- Notification of the acceptance of the application is sent by email. The admin approves of the candidate, and the seller receives a letter about their approval.
- The seller can put the catalog of the products on the website
- Information about the products sold is reflected in their account
- A decided percentage of the cost of the goods will be deducted from the store’s income.
- The seller can open a personal account through which they can track the goods sold, and they can ask the administrator to withdraw the money earned.
- The history of withdrawal requests is displayed in the seller’s account
- The administrator can admit the seller to the sale or can remove him.
The creation of multi-vendor marketplace results in an increase in the number of sales from the site, which ultimately increases the income.
When you decide to build a multi-vendor marketplace, you also have to decide on the platform to build the app.
Although there are many exciting marketplace platforms to choose from, Shopify is one of the most widely used platforms for building a multi-vendor eCommerce platform.
Why Shopify for developing Shopify multi-vendor app?
Building a multi-vendor store on Shopify is a great way to run your business without having a product in stock. You will be able to focus your time and resources on high-quality marketplace scaling and increasing sales.
Starting a Shopify multi-vendor store is a great way to launch your own eCommerce multi-vendor app.
The Shopify platform is perfect for entrepreneurs who want to set up their online store with minimum investment in a short time. Other than that, Shopify provides a variety of themes and widgets to help in automating many processes and improve business performance.
Now, let’s throw light on the advantages of using the Shopify eCommerce platform for building a multi-vendor app.
What are the advantages of Shopify?
As we know, Shopify is the most popular and well-known eCommerce platform out there. There are several advantages of building a multi-vendor store on this platform.
More than half a million entrepreneurs are using this eCommerce solution to set up their businesses.
The platform is known for having multiple features and great functionality that simplify the processes of filling the store with goods, receiving orders, and much more.
So, here are some of the significant advantages of Shopify for building a multi-vendor app-
- Quick and easy marketplace setup
- Availability of multiple plugins and apps
- Shopify marketplace is highly customizable
- It has plenty of integrations
- Shopify is secure and reliable
- 24*7 customer support
- Shopify is mobile-friendly and responsive
- Multiple built-in payment gateways
- Availability of fantastic SEO tools
These are some of the crucial advantages of custom Shopify multi-vendor development. Because of these advantages, Shopify is trusted by millions of users around the globe.
If you are looking forward to developing a Shopify multi-vendor app, this is the right time to begin.
To develop a top-notch Shopify marketplace app, you need to hire an experienced Shopify app Development Company which knows the platform inside out.
Reach out to the top-notch Shopify development company
To develop the most impressive and profitable Shopify marketplace, you can get in touch with Metizsoft Solutions, which has certified Shopify developers and expertise in developing the most powerful eCommerce apps and marketplaces.
We have successfully delivered several similar eCommerce marketplaces with Shopify payment gateway integration. The multi-vendor marketplace we develop is quick, and we utmost importance to the client and their requirements.
You can hire Shopify developers from us as we have certified Shopify developers who focus on developing the best solutions with the best functionality such as-
- We offer custom multi-vendor app development
- We offer integration with Hubspot
- Scalable and customized dashboard
- Multiple payment gateways
- Crisp, clear, and clean interface
- On-time delivery of the marketplace
Hire Shopify developers from Metizsoft Solutions
If you want to build a robust Shopify marketplace to sell your products online and grow your brand, hire Shopify experts from Metizsoft solutions. We have the required expertise and a team of skilled developers who will create unique multi-vendor solutions as per your requirements.
We aspire to provide 100% client satisfaction with effortless communication, transparency, project testing, and after-launch support.
Reach out to us today to know our Shopify app development model and discuss your project idea with us. We will assist you further.