The eCommerce industry is ever-changing, and with every year, new trends enter the industry. As we know, due to an expected increase and the advent of 2020’s effect on eCommerce, the eCommerce industry is flourishing.
Every day, more retailers are switching to online selling, and entrepreneurs are setting their start-ups online.
As per industry stats, the expected revenue of the eCommerce industry is ready to reach up to 28,00,000 million by the upcoming 2 years.
8 eCommerce Trends and Technology to Watch Out For in 2021
- Omnichannel is the Next Big Thing
- AI and AR will Transform the eCommerce
- Virtual Payment Methods to Ensure Safety
- The Role of Social Media is Impeccable
- ChatBots are Worth It.
- Mobile Apps are the Future of eCommerce
- Go for Local Shopping
- Personalization is the Key
Image Source – Statista
As we will step in 2021 very soon, it’s better to know about some of the eCommerce trends that will help smoothly run your websites and apps.
This article will give you an insight and in-depth overview of each trend that will help you grow your eCommerce business in 2021.
For a better tomorrow, you must start working now, and therefore, before we step in 2021.
Let’s Look at These Trends Technologies in Advance to Future of eCommerce 2021.
1. Omnichannel is the Next Big Thing
Omnichannel retailing is going to be the next big thing in the eCommerce industry. Omnichannel provides the users with the following-
- Seamless and consistent experience
- Contribute to the success of the eCommerce industry
- It helps you analyze the products in demand
- Allows you to build reports for events
2. AI and AR will Transform the eCommerce
The AI and AR technologies are there in the eCommerce industry for a few years, and these technologies are going to stay and enhance with time.
The AI and AR helps with the following-
- It offers a personalized experience
- Allows the customers to try on the products virtually
- Help in increasing the conversion rate of the website
3. Virtual Payment Methods to Ensure Safety
Most web development companies now integrate multiple payment methods in apps and websites. These payment methods help with the following-
- Customers have a choice with the mode of payment
- Ensures safety with secure payments
- The flexibility of choosing the payment method
4. The Role of Social Media is Impeccable
With the introduction of the “buy” button on Facebook and Instagram, social media plays a significant role in the eCommerce world.
- Business can get help from Instagram influencers to increase the traffic
- Businesses can link their online stores with social media sites
- Social media allows your brand to be discovered by people scrolling through their feeds.
5. ChatBots are Worth It.
Chat-bots have been there in the eCommerce industry and have proven to be a fantastic technology till now. Chat-bots are totally worth it. Let’s find out why-
- Chatbots benefit both the customers and retailers
- Chatbots work as personal assistants
- Accurate responses to the customer’s queries
- It’s a smart solution to assist the customers
6. Mobile Apps are the Future of eCommerce
Mobile devices have become the favorite gadget of people these days. Online shopping has reached its highest due to mobile apps. Let’s see how mobile apps are the future of eCommerce-
- Mobile apps provide a smooth shopping experience
- Shopping is easier on mobile apps
- Mobile apps generate better results than websites
7. Go for Local Shopping
The coronavirus pandemic caused an increase in the popularity of shopping from local businesses. Customers now search for products within their local area.
- Shopping local boosts the value of your community
- It also helps the local economy as well as support local jobs
- Supporting local will help a lot of people in such challenging times.
8. Personalization is the Key
Personalization is an integral part of the eCommerce industry, and the companies offering personalization will always remain ahead of the others. More than 50% of the users say that a personalized online experience is important.
- Personalization has a strong impact on improving customer relationships
- Customers value the personalized experience
- Personalization strengthens the bond with customers
So, these are the top trends that are going to dominate the eCommerce industry in 2021. Keep an eye on these trends and make the most out of this year.
The eCommerce industry has gone through a lot of transformation, and new and updated trends are entering the industry all the time. These eCommerce trends mentioned above will prepare you for the future.
You can include these trends in your ongoing practices and add them to your eCommerce development strategy for improved results.
For successful website development, one has to make smart decisions. To help you with these eCommerce trends, you must hire a skilled Shopify developer.
Our experts will help you make the most out of these trends, and the future of eCommerce 2021 will be in safe hands. Reach out to us to know more about our services and how we can help you reach new heights this new year.
You can contact our team of Shopify experts to integrate these eCommerce trends and technologies in your eCommerce websites and apps.