eCommerce Loyalty Management, Facts and Figures in 2021
An eCommerce loyalty program has turned into a customer retention tool in recent years and plays a significant role in engaging customers and increasing the reach of your website or store. eCommerce loyalty management has emerged as an essential part of an eCommerce business.
A loyalty program is a marketing strategy that helps to encourage customers to continue to shop or use the services of a business. Thus, eCommerce loyalty results in customer retention by encouraging them to buy from a store again.
With the help of eCommerce loyalty management, the customers would be buying more from the store and interacting with your brand. If you follow eCommerce loyalty management in your eCommerce business, then there are high chances that you would notice increased sales and higher profits in your business.
Let us put light on various other things you need to know about eCommerce loyalty management in 2021.
Let’s look at some of the facts about eCommerce loyalty management
- Having loyal customers can benefit a business in the long term. Your business can have incredible profit. Returning customers costs five times less than retaining customers in comparison to acquiring new ones. Loyal customers will spend up to 67% more than new customers, and therefore, retaining customers can benefit any eCommerce business and increase its reach.
- Loyalty programs first originated in the 1950s when grocers used to give customers stamps in their purchases, spawning airline miles rewards in the 1980s.
- 76% of the customers think that a loyalty program is regarded as part of their relationship and brand.
- Loyalty programs help to generate richer data and boost the marketing activities such as personalization.
- If we talk of loyalty program membership in the US, there are around 3.3 billion, which is an average of 29 per household.
Effective Customer Acquisition Tactics
We will look at some of the effective customer acquisition tactics that work amazingly for eCommerce businesses-
- It makes your customers stay with you for a long time and buy from your store again and again. It makes it possible to win the hearts and minds of the customers when they interact with your store.
- The value of a customer should exceed the cost of customer acquisition.
- Content marketing is undoubtedly one of the most influential and valuable customer acquisition tactics as it helps you establish your thought leadership in your industry or niche.
- Referral programs are recognized as a valuable customer acquisition tactic as it offers users the incentives like several offers and discounts to refer services to others. This will increase your reach and help you gain new customers. You can also offer similar discounts to new customers to encourage them to use your services.
- Optimizing your landing page is another customer acquisition tactic that can take you a long way. Landing pages help in directing customers to your products and services.
- The type of customers you want to emphasize is also an essential factor. Acquiring the right kind of customers will help you earn more and increase your sales quickly.
- Keep the website design simple and easy to navigate so that more and more customers can easily navigate through the website without getting confused. Always pay attention to making things easy for your customers to keep them glued to your websites.
- Customers love to go with the best deals, and that’s what you should focus on. Give them deals they will never forget, and they will definitely come back to your website in the future.
- Get in touch with social media influencers and ask them to review your products to increase your brand’s reach. Influencers have quite an impact significantly on young people.
To retain your customers, you can offer them the following-
- Discounts and rebates- Offer discounts and rebates to attract more and more customers.
- Rewards- Offer rewards to your customers as rewards make them feel great being associated with you, and most eCommerce businesses prefer this.
- Coupons and codes- The new-age customers love to shop when the site offers them coupon codes while shopping. These coupons will keep them coming back to your site.
- Free shipping- Shipping is one of the significant reasons behind abandoned shopping carts. Offering free shipping on the purchase is the best way to reduce cart abandonment and increase sales.
Why should you say YES to the customer loyalty program?
Here are the reasons why you should have a customer loyalty program-
- It helps in retaining the existing customers
- To reach more new customers
- It helps in winning back the lost customers
- Helps in reducing the shopping cart abandonment
- Helps the business owner in identifying their best customers
- It is an ideal way to set you apart from the competitors
- Loyalty programs reduce the advertising costs
Benefits of the loyalty advantage-
- Loyalty programs are different from the general form of marketing. Loyalty programs have made it possible for brands to keep going and growing in the eCommerce industry.
- Many business owners have agreed that loyalty programs increase the lifetime value of their customers.
- Loyalty programs have helped in strengthening relationships between customers and businesses.
Metizsoft Solutions can help you with customer loyalty management and help you strengthen your relationship with your customers. We offer loyalty programs that will help you reach more customers and increase your overall sales. Hire our experts for your next project and let us help you grow your business.
To learn more about how we can help, feel free to reach out to us.