You believe you have unique selling proposition and a niche standing with what you deliver through your ecommerce website, right? But then why you are consistently losing traffic and sales? This is simply the case with so many other ecommerce sites. The value proposition must be visible and felt through your website. It cannot remain silent. There are certain designs mistakes that make ecommerce sites suffer from high bounce rate. Similarly, there are certain time tested ways an ecommerce site can ensure higher engagement and traction.
So, it is about some neatly prescribed Do’s and Don’ts that can guide you to come with a good design that delivers enhanced traction and engagement. Here we suggest and explain a few of them in brief.
Pop-ups serve as a great tool to enhance business conversion if you know how to use them effectively. You can grab attention quickly while causing little annoyance if you really spare the users by not overdoing it. Follow these tips for effective pop-ups.
- Use pop-ups when the user is just going away without completing the purchase he accumulated in the cart. Just showing a discount for the cart-bagged item, you can encourage him to complete the transaction.
- Show something contextual with an event or a purchasing situation.
- Don’t show pop-up just after the user lands on the page.
- Don’t show pop-ups without solid context or reason to add value.
Product page listing
Customers come to your website to buy products. Naturally, you need to give utmost importance to the listing of products. Your products should be showcased to ensure quick access, quick searches, visual engagement and at-a-glance lookout. Here are a few time tested tips.
- First of all, users should not get overwhelmed with too many choices. Keep the list to a minimum to help them focus on what they need.
- Ensure giving visually appealing high resolution product images.
- Do not include products that are out of stock.
- Update the product page regularly to ensure availability of e try single item listed there.
- Offer as many filters for search possible.
- Ensure auto complete and suggested keyword for every searches.
- Ensure zooming effect for each product images.
- Give elaborate product description along with ratings and customer reviews.
- Always use prompts for similar products and give them some offers for buying two or three products that are frequently bought together.
A smooth and almost effortless checkout
Finally, at checkout a customer buys a product and gives you business. So, it’s extremely important that you can guide them to the checkout process smoothly without distracting their attention even for a minute.
- Make sure any other activity cannot distract them. If you want them to sign up for newsletter that can wait till the customer presses the ‘buy now’ button and completes the sales.
- Don’t hide the shipping charges until the last moment. In most cases revealing such charges at last moment only leads to cancellation of purchase.
We only concentrated here on three most important aspects of a sales process in eCommerce web development. There are obviously other aspects that you should ensure like smooth navigation, faster loading speed, easy to type CTA buttons, etc.