The word “Comparison” between the two frameworks clearly indicates the adaption and excellence that they possess amongst developers. Recently, there’s been a lot of discussions about React Native Vs. Swift and tech experts often get stuck upon React Native Vs. Swift comparison.
It’s a good indication that two prolific frameworks are getting all the buzz while helping developers craft futuristic mobile apps.
But, it is also essential for our readers to give them a closer inside look at React Native Vs. Swift comparison to help them understand the benefits and usage of these two languages.
This blog will reveal some key insights into React Native Vs. Swift, React Native Vs. Swift comparison, benefits of React Native, Benefits of Swift, considered the best React Native development company.
So, What is React Native?
The easy learning curve and massive developer support have made React Native the frontline cross-platform app development framework amongst many.
React Native is the best framework you can choose above others for developing large-scale applications. If you are concerned about React Native usage in modern technologies, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tesla are sheer examples of React Native clientele.
Benefits of React Native
More than anything, the best thing about using React Native is multi-platform adaptability. The app developed using React Native is well compatible with Android and IOS.
Once you structure the app codebase, you can deploy it easily on multiple operating systems. Apart from this, below listed some key benefits of React Native, which are as follows:
- Code reusability – As mentioned above, React Native codebase is well-compatible with Android and IOS platforms. Developers can use the same codebase in both platforms and craft modern native mobile applications. Well, this allows them to save both time and energy upon working on any cross-platform application project.
- Cost-effective – React Native is cross-platform compatible, and developers don’t spare extra time writing different codebases. The same codebase and APIs can be used on both platforms simultaneously. React Native app development company spent less on React Native app development process.
What is Swift?
Swift is a programming language developed by Apple in 2014 to build iOS, macOS, watchOS, etc. It was designed to replace objective C that companies used earlier for the same.
Due to its flexible and straightforward codebase, IOS developers find it easy to develop robust IOS applications without any hassle.
By leveraging Swift’s multifunctionality capabilities, IOS developers have crafted many modern IOS applications that are ruling the tech market segment nowadays.
Benefits of Swift
Even though IOS shares 26% of the market share compared to Android (74%), it still has an enormous customer base globally.
Let’s dive into some of the core benefits that make it the prime IOS app development programming language amongst the developers’ community.
- User experience – When it comes to user experience, there’s no match for Swift. Swift programming language has lighter characteristics that require less time to install and use less storage on the device. It is specifically developed for building native IOS applications; it gives more access to native features.
- Fast development – Swift comes with fewer complexities and codebase compared to Objective – C. It has enabled Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) features that automatically handle all the app memory usage tracking and management. This process saves lots of development time, and as a result, developers can develop apps faster than usual.
- Higher Safety Measure – Swift protects the program from crashing, as it automatically defines all memory access. This advanced feature lets developers catch early bugs and errors in code while typing, giving them the advantage of fixing those errors before final execution.
- ABI stability – Earlier, the developers find it difficult to cope with the programming language’s latest version with the existing system. But, the inclusion of the Application Binary Interface or AIB into Swift 5 has made it easy for them to run the codebase without blockage.
- Easy learning curve – Swift has a simple syntax and fewer lines of the codebase, which are easy to learn and adapt. Compared to React Native, IOS developers need fewer lines of code to make scalable applications with easy-to-use functionalities.
React Native Vs. Swift Comparison
The significant difference between React Native Vs. Swift is React Native is used in developing cross-platform applications, while Swift is for developing IOS applications.
Comparing development speed, both have unique yet advanced features enabled, which automates the faster development process. But, Swift is only used for iOS application development that can be done with fewer lines of the codebase.
Thus, Swift provides a faster development process compared to React Native.
In User interface comparison, Swift is a few steps ahead of React native, as React Native uses native user components that are catchy and easy to use. Still, Swift IOS user configuration is more seamless and provides a hassle-free user experience.
React Native Vs. Swift performance is one of the key comparisons to consider. Somehow, we all have a glimpse of the iPhone navigation system.
Now, think, about which one you will rank high comparing React Native Vs. Swift performance comparison. The clear winner here seems to be Swift.
Though Swift has an easy learning curve offering, it might take some time for a beginner to find the solution on the first go.
Mobile apps have become the prime source of business deliverables in this digitalization era. In contrast, mobile app development companies are quick to adopt new programming languages to fulfill business requirements through native IOS and Cross-Platform Mobile Apps Development.
We hope the above elaboration will help in a big way to put a full stop to React Native Vs. Swift comparison. Still, if you have any doubts about the same, you can share your thoughts or raise some questions in the comment section below!
Hire Professional Developers From Metizsoft Solutions!
In this competitive era, staying above mobile app development competition is indeed a challenging task. But, with a dedicated team of developers besides, Metizsoft Solution has recently emerged as the best iOS app development company.
By leveraging advanced technology and features, our iOS development team develops futuristic IOS applications that work to create a better tomorrow.
Apart from the best IOS development, we are a renowned React Native App Development Company known for delivering robust cross-platform apps to our clients. If you are looking for the same, don’t hesitate to reach us at the earliest!